one to one
“People are more likely to ask their own questions and seek their own excellence when they feel themselves to be grounded in their personal histories—their own stories, their lived lives, their ‘landscapes.”
— Maxine Greene
In a rapidly changing world that continuously raises our level of uncertainty, it is more important than ever for us, as individuals, to tap into our self-awareness to ensure that we can live through change in a positive and balanced way.
Whatever role you play in life, self-mastery is the key to living a balanced life, in which you can readily think on your feet and adapt to whatever life may throw at you. More importantly you can do this in a way that is authentic and that holds true to the values that you hold most important.
Philosophical inquiry is a powerful dialogue and action-based experience that supports you in taking personalised steps:
- To achieve your maximum potential
- To live fully,
- Become self-reflective and,
- To create a more balanced approach to work and life.
Many of the challenges we encounter in our private or work life require us to develop creative solutions to complex problems. Continuously improving the way we live is deeply important in order to maintain a strong sense of self when we face challenges and adversity.
I utilize systematic and intentional drama/theatre processes to expand the more imaginative, intuitive and expressive dimensions of leading a balanced life. These processes help to refine creative skills, critical and divergent thinking and to foster new ideas. I apply the latest approaches in dramatherapy, neuroscience, transformative and generative practice to develop:
- Self expression and strong communication skills.
Philosophical enquiry will allow you to explore and play with
- The depth of your understanding about yourself within the context of your lived experiences
- Various methods for generating or recognising ideas
- Ways of turning old/new ideas into actions for change that creates a pathway to self-mastery
- Ways of creating a balanced approach to life (personal and professional) through recognising patterns of thoughts and behaviours that can lead you away from reaching your full potential
- How well you know yourself and how you can reach a deeper level of self-awareness in order to be the authors and producers of your own stories
- Identifying ways of eliminating barriers to creativity
- Bringing creativity and innovation into your private life
- Managing creativity and innovation in an organisational context.
I recommend a minimum participation of two sessions a month for a minimum of 3 months, however for deep, lasting change, clients benefit from working with me for 6-9 months.
Philosophical enquiry is:
- Ideal for individuals who aspire to gain self mastery
- For those who are willing to do the demanding work of understanding and engaging with their own difficult dynamics,
- Beneficial to those who wish to be open to the greater possibilities for themselves, others, and the world.
Attended by psychologists, art therapists, social workers and counsellors Russya’s experiential, interactive teaching and exploring is excellent.
Leah van Lieshout AThR 2018
The success of course is based on an excellent programme as well as on the professional leadership of Dr. Connor. The members came out of various professional areas and had different theoretical knowledge and various competences. Mrs Connor, with great commitment, has been successful in integrating all members and created a strong sense of motivation amongst participants.Thank you very much for this experience.
Dr. Doro Ritter-Rohr
Excellent information – you gave us the essential differences to make things more efficienct. Thank you! Wonderful, interactive and therapeutic.
I recently participated in eight Personal Development Drama Therapy sessions run by Dr Connor. These gave me the opportunity to explore psychological issues in a safe and creative environment. I appreciated many opportunities for my mind and my words to take a backseat. My body communicated with me and with other participants and I learned a lot about myself in this process. I appreciated the freedom to participate at whatever level I chose and I enjoyed Dr Connor’s intuitive and improvisational approach.. I strongly recommend this series of workshops for people who are interested in taking creative risks to gain deeper self understanding.
Dr. Janet Halpin
I appreciate her quick wit; the ability to see deeper than the obvious; natural honesty; robust integrity; and vitally, her understanding of the value of play.
I don’t know exactly what you would call what we do. I do know that it has not been easy, nor has it always been fun, but it has always been real. Layers have been unearthed and others tidied up and packed away for now. I have enormous respect for Russya’s skill set.
To grow as a practitioner and within myself, I needed someone who would shoot straight from the hip and not just feed my words back to me, I also knew that I needed someone who would not let me get away with anything; someone who didn’t mince words about issues within the business and how they were intertwined with my own “stuff”; someone who would be both firm and kind.